Like many of the water sports, there is an abundance of opportunity both on the sea and in local lakes. Have a look at the excellent Cornwall Online overview of fishing in the area.
- Colliford Lake (Facebook Page) – the lake offers traditional fly fishing for natural brown trout and is regarded as Cornwall’s premier brown trout fishery. Permits are available from The Jamaica Inn 01566 86250.
- Bude Canal Angling Association – exclusively offers angling on 1.5 miles of the Bude Canal which is stocked with carp, bream, roach, rudd, tench, perch and gudgeon. As Bude canal has a sea lock at one end and is open to the rivers Neet and Strat at the other the occasional trout, dace and eel can also be caught.
- Hele Barton – three lakes well stocked with coarse fish, mainly carp and tench. There are lots of carp in the 1-8Lb category ensuring a good days fishing and also a decent number of bigger carp to be caught up to 15Lbs and growing fast!
- Orchard Lake – beautiful lake is situated in the heart of Thomas Hardy’s Valency valley about a mile above the picturesque fishing village of Boscastle.The lake is stocked daily with 2 to 10lb Rainbow, Brown or Blue Trout and provides excellent fishing for beginners or seasoned campaigners.
- Lower Lynstone Lakes – Mirror and Common Carp up to around 16lbs, Green Tench and Crucian and Leather Carp. Open Daily from February Half term to 31 December from 7.30 am until dusk.
- White Acres Holiday Park 13 tranquil lakes offering fine fishing ; over 300 pegs and weekly resident matches.
- Notackle Required lakes within half an hour from Perranporth and Newquay and maps and details are provided when you book. The lakes we use are stocked with Carp, Rudd and Roach, Carp can weigh up to 20lb and all of our tackle is up to the job.
- North Cornwall Bass Tours fishing from beaches, cliffs and rocks.