Cornwall has a fantastic range of golf courses. Distance from Crackington Haven is shown in brackets.
18 hole courses within 25 miles of Crackington Haven
- Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club (11.0 miles) par 72 course running to 6,692 yards for the men, 5,700 for the ladies and is set up to maximise enjoyment for all standards of golfer – you shouldn’t have to spend your holiday looking for lost balls!
- Bude and North Cornwall Golf Club (11.1 miles) a challenging 18 hole links course, established in 1891, located in the centre of Bude.
- Trethorne Golf Club & Hotel (15.0 miles) The golf course presents a challenging and scenic 6,301 yards, par 71 parkland layout, with numerous water hazards and tree-lined fairways. The greens are built to USGA specification, making them free draining and playable all year round.
- Launceston Golf Club (15.5 miles) a well established 6385 yard par 70 parkland course. It offers an excellent and challenging round of golf for all standards of golfers. For ladies it is 5682 yards, par 73.
- The Point at Polzeath (22.2 miles) Set in 230 acres the 18-hole 72 par course plays up to 6,551 yards. There is also a twelve bay driving range
- St. Enodoc Golf Club (24.1 miles) a fine links golf courses (James Braid design); undulating fairways, firm greens, some blind shots and all with the added bonus of some of the greatest sea and estuary views on any course in the world.
9 hole courses within 25 miles of Crackington Haven
- Ivyleaf Golf Club (12.0 miles) hilltop course in an area of outstanding natural beauty overlooks an incredible vista of the North Cornish coast starting from Trevose Head to Bude on the coast and inland to both Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor. Has a 7-Bay flood lit under cover Driving Range, which also enjoys fantastic views and is proving very popular in wet or dry weather.
- St Kew Golf Club (18.1 miles) a 9-hole 18-tee course and driving range. Friendly club is situated on the edge of St Kew Highway, approx 3 miles north of Wadebridge. Open all year round the outward nine has four par fours in its 2,213 yards and three of the par threes stretch 191,200,and 216 yards. The inward nine off different tees boast six par fours and three par threes no shorter than 138 yards. The 64 par course is “protected” by water, 22 bunkers and trees- but no hills.
- Hoburne Doublebois Holiday Park (30.6 miles) 9 hole golf courses, with golf club rental and lessons from our pro all available from reception.
- St Austell Bay Golf (33.4 miles) Challenging 9 hole course suitable for both beginners and experienced golfers. Total of 1150 yards with lovely country and sea views
18 hole courses within 50 miles of Crackington Haven
- Luxury Hotel and Golf Course (25.4 miles) Lanhydrock near Bodmin has been beautifully shaped into the landscape and this has produced a course that offers an enjoyable challenge to golfers of all abilities. From the 1st hole, players are at once excited and enthralled. A short par four provides the option for a gentle lay up to the generous landing area, or do you take on the water with the opportunity of a birdie or eagle? Only another 17 holes to entice, tease and reward.
- Lostwithiel Hotel Golf & Country Club (29.5 miles) nearly 6,000 yard par 72 course, established in 1991. It offers a challenge to both the accomplished player and the beginner
- Trevose Golf & Country Club (31.2 miles) Three courses; The “Championship Course” is a top links golf course, The “Headland Course” is the ideal 9 hole alternative to The Championship Course with a challenging layout and fast greens, the “Short Course” is ideal for beginners, juniors and those more accomplished golfers looking to refine their short game.
- St. Mellion (31.4 miles) New 2008 ‘Kernow Course’, along with the international ‘Nicklaus Signature Course’.
- Merlin Golf Club & Driving Range (33.6 miles) The course is designed to suit all standards of golfer, with no long carries for the higher handicapper whilst maintaining a challenge for the lower handicap golfer, especially in the wind!
- Treloy Golf Club (33.6 miles) The course was designed by golf course designer Bob Sandow and opened in 1991, 9 hole Executive golf course. First of its kind in Cornwall – sculptured greens, American Pencross grass, extensive mouldings and bunkers. 9 holes 2143 yards 1955 metres. SSS 31. Practice green.
- St.Austell Golf Club (34.3 miles) 18 hole, 6,042 yard par 69 parkland course with wonderful countryside views – a challenge to golfers of all levels!
- Carlyon Bay Hotel (34.5 miles) Championship golf course offers over six thousand yards of stimulating golf and is maintained in peak condition throughout the year. Although golf is the speciality of the hotel, it’s not just for experts. Nearby, you’ll find a 10 acre practice ground, 2 putting lawns and a picturesque 9 hole approach course – all great places for novices young and old to get to grips with golf.
- Looe Golf Club (35.1 miles) Designed by Harry Vardon, the panoramic views from the course are stunning: to the east are the peaks of Dartmoor and the Tamar estuary, to the south, Looe Island and the channel, to the west and north, glorious countryside and the Cornish moors.
- Porthpean Golf Club (36.1 miles) The first 9 holes are in a pleasant parkland setting with good views of Penrice Woods and distant views of rural Cornwall. The returning 9 holes offer magnificent panoramic views overlooking St. Austell Bay.
- China Fleet Country Club (37.4 miles) 72 par 18 hole course.
- Clowance Estate (55.9 miles) Located between Falmouth and St Ives, Clowance boasts 97 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland and woodlands, complete with an 18th Century manor house, a four-acre lake and its own private golf course.
- Newquay Golf Club (39.2 miles) seaside links over looking the world famous surfers’ paradise of Fistral Beach. The course was originally laid out in 1890, but was redesigned at the turn of the century by the legendary Harry Colt, who lists the East and West Courses at Wentworth, as well as the New at Sunningdale. amongst his impressive portfolio.
- Holywell Bay Golf (41.5 miles) stunning 18-hole, short, challenging par 3 Golf Course on the spectacular north Cornwall coastline. With first class fairways and coastal views overlooking the beautiful National Trust protected Holywell Bay beach.
- Whitsane Bay Hotel and Golf Club (42.9 miles) 18-hole golf course was laid by Fernie of Troon in 1905 and is designed for the holiday golfer as well as the serious club golfer.
- Perranporth Golf Club (43.7 miles) James Braid (course designer) took advantage of the natural contours of the landscape to create each hole with its own individual demands and character. The greens are fast and true with a reputation for being amongst the best in the South West. At 6296 yards this exciting par 72 is a challenge for both high and low handicappers.
- Truro Golf Club (47.4 miles) Maintained in excellent condition by head greenkeeper Jim Sheehan and his team, a combination of attractively set fairways leading to some surprising slopes and borrows on slick summer greens.
- Killiow Park Golf Club (48.7 miles) The Main Course is set in the magnificent grounds of Killiow Estate this well maintained and picturesque 18 hole parkland course presents a challenge to golfers of all standards. Also has a 4 hole academy course.
Other 18 hole courses in Cornwall
- Tehidy Park Golf Club (53.8 miles) picturesque 18 hole par 71 parkland course. With panoramic views over the Cornish countryside, it is suitable for golfers at all levels of skill and experience.
- Falmouth Golf Club (56.6 miles) established par 71 golf course which winds its way along Cornish cliff tops with stunning views across Falmouth Bay, in the southern part of Cornwall.
- Helston Golf Club (60.2 miles) 54 par 18 hole course.
- West Cornwall Golf Club (62.9 miles) West Cornwall Golf Club was founded in 1889 by a group of enthusiasts led by the Reverend Tyack. The course is playable for 52 weeks of the year with no temporary tees or greens. Despite being just under 6,000 yards, the prevailing conditions ensure a variety of shots are required.
- Tregenna Castle Hotel (64.8 miles) challenging 18-hole Presidents Golf Course surrounding the hotel.
- Mullion Golf Club (67.9 miles) At 6083 yards off the white tees, 5902 yards off yellows and 5643 off red tees, Mullion is a good test of golf for all players whatever their ability and particularly so on a windy day. We welcome golfers with handicap certificates, who wish to play in groups of 4 or less, and welcome societies.
- Praa Sands Golf & Country Club (70.6 miles) deceptively challenging par 62/64 (men/ladies). Great sea views from the tees.
- Cape Cornwall Golf & Leisure (76.3 miles) designed in 1990 by Bob Hamilton, who also designed courses in Scotland and Singapore. A truly natural challenging course (especially on windy days) ranging over farmland and cliff tops and presenting the golfer with a mix of challenging holes, and stunning views.
Other 9 hole courses in Cornwall
- Radnor Golf & Leisure (50.5 miles) Our 9 hole,18 tee golf course is professionally designed and maintained, making you think on every tee. It serves up an incredible array of holes, from our shortest hole, 12th, by no means the easiest, to the daunting 6th hole, generally played in to a prevailing wind and protected with hazzards to the left and out of bounds to the right, a hole which would grace any golf course.
- Budock Vean Hotel (58.9 miles) 9 hole course originally designed by James Braid of St Andrews fame, the golf course is set in mature parkland within the hotel grounds. Guests enjoy unlimited use of the course at no charge, a complimentary golf locker and reduced green fees at the various local courses.
- Green Acres Golf Courses (61.6 miles) a 9 hole short golf course (opposite Penwith Pitch & Putt, which has 18 holes).